Monday 31 March 2014

My Part Time Business Allows Me To Rub Shoulders With Important People!

I haven't posted anything about my part-time business for some time, mainly because I don't want to bore you with all the times I have stood in a High Street offering a Free Prize Draw to anyone walking by. I certainly got a lot of forms filled in. I even got a few people to agree to an appointment! However, it is always a little bit depressing, when they phone you back to cancel, and downright annoying when you turn up at their door and they have either forgotten about the appointment, or worse still, refuse to open the door!

This business is definitely not an easy thing to keep going at, but if you persevere, and never give up, then you WILL succeed! As a result of my efforts over the years, I managed to move up one step of the companies stairway to success (note: I did not mention ladder, as the stairway is wide enough for anyone to go at their own pace and not be held back by someone above them in the corporate ladder). As a result, when the company held their annual conference last week, I was invited to meet the top Directors at a Champagne reception afterwards. The following pictures are proof!

This is me with the CEO of Telecom Plus - Andrew Lindsay MBE. He was a Gold medal winner at the Sydney Olympics in 2000

 This is me with Network Director Wayne Coupland.

And finally, this is me with our Executive Chairman - The Honorable Charles Wigoder.

I also had the chance to rub shoulders with some of the most successful people in this business. There is nothing like the buzz in a room of successful happy people! It makes you forget all your trials and tribulations in the past and focus on positive thoughts and ideas, thus giving you the motivation and enthusiasm to go out and get knocked down by narrow minded, glass half empty, miserable people - who only feel happy when they make others miserable too!

As I have a full time job too, I fit this business in as and when I can, offering to help people save money on their household bills, and if they are genuinely interested in working towards their financial freedom - there is the business opportunity side to consider too! Part of my skills training for this involves personal development, by reading books and listening to CD's. What I have discovered, is these books are designed to help and motivate both yourself and your team. This is something that is proving very useful, not just with Telecom Plus, but now, with all the changes about to happen with the management structure of London Underground (my full time job), it is helping me learn about management skills I will need if I wish to remain working for London Underground.

Anyway, Telecom Plus have given us some new incentives to help motivate us over the coming months. Some I will achieve, some may prove to be a bit harder for me. The hardest one for me will be to gather at least 4 customers every month for the next 18 months. Should I succeed (only gathered 2 so far this month), then I will be given a one week luxury holiday for me and my family. It could be a trip on a luxury Ocean Liner, or a trip to Las Vegas. All I know is the value of these holidays are in excess of £1,000 per day!

To give me a chance to actually qualify for some of these holiday promotions requires some extra effort on my behalf. This means I have to go out and talk to as many people as possible, either over the phone, or face to face. I am presently, going through my phone list contacting everyone again. I have the excuse to ask if they would like to enter in the new Free Prize Draw that has just started. It makes a good opening gambit to start a conversation again. Also, I am going to step up my activity with promoting the WAM (Win A Mini) events. I just did one in February over a weekend in a Wickes store (signed up one customer as a result), and have another one lined up in April at a B & Q store. In between these large official events, I am also still popping down to a local High Street to conduct an impromptu WAM for about an hour. This is by far the cheapest and easiest way to get people to stop and talk to you, although the quality of the leads are very much hit and miss, I can promise you it does work! This is the result of my most recent High Street foray -


Location Time Taken People Asked Forms Filled Call Back Appointments
Stony Stratford 12:58 - 13:03 12 1 Nil 1
13:08 - 13:15 13 1 Nil 1
13:20 - 13:27 11 1 1 Nil
13:32 - 14:03 32 1 Nil Nil
Totals 65 Minutes 68 4 1 2

So this week I have two appointments, that I didn't have before as a result of my efforts. I will let you know how I got on with the appointments, as there is no guarantee that they will become a customer, as I mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment